Skip to main content

Another Night with the Men (and some boys)

So recovering from a late, shut down the bar, kinda night at Gym Bar. Well, okay, they do shut down early for a NY bar. During the week they figure a 2am close time is good. It is a sports bar don't forget. Not much going on sports wise past 2am. Go to another bar if you want to hunt some prey. Well, actually they do get a great crowd at Gym Bar.

Schawn will love it when he gets back. They are running NBA and March Madness like crazy. And my man likes his basketball, damn he just loves sports. Last weekend he was out playing croquet, no less, with a couple of soap studs.

But before I drive you guys crazy with more talk of my sexy guy I will get back to the point of this particular entry.

Gym Bar has a couple of partners but the two main seem to be Nick and Rick, volleyball guys, and since last night was the first Thursday they were open we all moved to Gym Bar from our usual Barracuda. Yes, we have a new bar to call home.

We usually have a group of 8-10 out on any given Thursday since it is around 11:30 when we go out, but last night you would have thought half the league was there. Well, the Thursday night Div. 1 guys anyway.

Great to see so many guys who never come out actually out drinking. There are no excuses anymore. The bar is so close to where we play that most people have to pass it to get home. There is no talk of not wanting to go to far.

Played pool for a good long time also towards the end of the night, hence the closing the bar statement. I haven't played pool in ages, mostly because people take it way too seriously. But playing with friends, laughing, enjoying the time together was so great. And I have to say I made so great shots, but I do think no matter how many times my partner and I won; the Lady Raue had the ultimate bank shots the whole night. As he said, "I have not missed one bank shot all night."

If you are in NYC go have some fun at Gym bar if you haven't yet, if you have then go back. If your coming to NYC put it on your list. Stop by on Thursday night, there will always be a great bunch of volleyball guys there to mingle with.

Ciao for now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.