Skip to main content

An Amazing Race Facebook Email with Bill


Funny how u can get riled up about the stupidest things and this subject just happens to be one of my can't miss shows: The Amazing Race.

My friend Bill, in Minnesota, and I were emailing and the subject of Amazing Race came up, most specifically the team of Margie and Luke.

Here is what came from it:

Bill
April 26 at 10:54am

sorry I missed you -- sounds like you'll get a little free time. I will def make time later for my AMAZING RACE!

Christopher
April 26 at 10:55am

I am here and I record 60 Minutes and Amazing Race every week. Sadly I have grown very tired of Luke. Is it me or does his Mom do every tough challenge?

Bill
April 26 at 10:58am

Oh yeah ... he would be lost without her. They do make a good team because they have such great communication skills, though. I am kinda rooting for them. No one else really gets me fired up.

The show is still great, but it's a little different than when it first started. It used to seem like they actually went a LOT more places -- that the "race" was about traveling hundreds or thousands of miles and getting there first. Now it's about doing a bunch of challenges in a small geographic area.

I am sure safety is a much bigger concern now than when the show first started. It just seems like a smaller show.

And I'm so bummed that that super hottie Kris whatever got bumped off.

Christopher
Today at 1:28pm

Yes, there has been a clear change in travel and challenges. It does seem that at times they are doing silly challenges for no reason in locations that make u say,"Huh?"

My thing with Margie and Luke is that she seems to baby him and he lets it happen. He is an adult man who is letting him mom win this race for him.

I mean come on, last night after all those challenges she wanted to get that foot massage(no matter how much it hurt) but no he had to do it. He sat down for a challenge.

I was hoping to see the strong gay boy who happens to be deaf and has a great relationship with his mother but really all I see is the bitchiest of guys I have seen on there in a long time.

Okay enough about the cry baby.

Back to the lack of real travel like they did back at the beginning I just chalk it up to living in the world we live in today. I am sure they deal with security/safety concerns on a daily basis.

We can only hope that when this world gets back to being a more peaceful place that the travel on the show will be super fun again and we shall see people who want to do this show for the love of the game and the adventure of the new and unknown.

I swear if I hear one more person say "Why don't these people speak English?" while in the most remote village in Thailand or China and I will hunt them down.

And how was your weekend?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And since I knew people would want to see the super sexy Kris Klicka,with his girl Amanda, I felt obligated to include his/their picture. Maybe I will find one of just him but seriously they weren't on the show long enough to get any shots when they were alone.

Hmmm, I wonder if this really was interesting to anyone else but the two of us? Oh well, until next time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.