Skip to main content

Rise & Shine...Kinda.

12:15 and I am sitting down at the AMC on 42nd street getting ready to watch 'The Fantastic four: Rise of the Silver Surfer'

Funny to say I did want to see this movie after catching the first of the Fantastic Four movies on cable last year. I didn't think it was that bad, it was certainly better than Superman Returns.

This movie provides something for everyone: hot men, hot WOMAN, some good CGI and the potential for a third movie or the start of a new superhero/anti-hero movies.

Chris Evans
is hot as ever if a little more cocky as John "Johnny skews juvenile" Storm.

Jessica Alba has the blonde hair, much hotter as a brunette though. My friend Christian noticed her eye color seemed to change in certain scenes.

Ioan Gruffudd
as Reed Richards actually had some scenes where you can see that he is a hot man and not just the brain behind things. he looks good on a dance floor.

Michael Chiklis is always great to see. Ben Grimm he is but always great to see his big mug on the screen.

Julian McMahon was wasted in this movie if you ask me. Screen time was minimal, must just have been contracted to do it. Still giving you that touched up Nip/Tuck look.

Doug Jones as The Silver Surfer was just the right quality. Great voice(actually it is Laurence Fishburne). The body they use, I am not sure how much of it is real and how much CGI but it is just enough to make you go back to the gym.

All in all I liked it. Didn't love it.
Won't give away any of the story even though today on The Today Show the cast basically told you most of the story. Mentioning things you won't see unless u see the movie. Glad I had already screened it.

Go check it out. It is fun, cute and funny at times.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.