Skip to main content

Low Anthem

Last evening we had a nice dinner at Robert, inside the Museum of Art & Design in Columbus Circle. We had been wanting to go there since last summer when we were at the Allen Room at Jazz at Lincoln Center. Robert is directly out the window of the Allen Room.

(Picture to the left is the view of the park from our table)

Nice room, great service but I wasn't that head over heels for my squid ink risotto. I did love the WC though. If you have ever gone to a nice restaurant with you you will know I judge a lot by how they design their restrooms.

I may go back when they return their Lobster Pot Pie to the regular menu; it is on their menu online but I thought it could be seasonal. I didn't ask. My bad. ;-p

The night was only to get better and better. We arrived at the The Allen Room to be seated and wait for the performance from The Low Anthem to begin.

The Low Anthem are pictured on stage. The windows look out onto Central Park and the Museum of Arts & Design. Robert is located at the top of the Museum in that bank of windows u can see in the white building.

My guy had heard them online while looking at the performance calendar and instantly fell for the folk/country/blues band. I was ready for a surprise so I did not listen to any of their music prior to the event.

All I can say is we were all blown away by the talent and magic that The Low Anthem brought to that room of new and old fans. From a church organ that was shipped in specifically for this performance to someone playing the saw and a pump piano/organ.

The lead singer even had his brother there to grind the church organ. I had to sit there and do that for 2 songs. Excellent.

After the show we seemed to talk about the performance, amongst other things, for about 2 hours while downing a bottle of champagne.

If they are headed your way make sure to get a seat, buy their cd, bring a friend too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.