Skip to main content

Sunday Walk to the Lever House Exhibit.

Oh the Sunday rain just had me feeling so relaxed and gray and mopey. I like relaxed but gray and mopey is never good.

Let alone the fact that I am doing my best to give up as much sugar as possible. Oh, let me tell you I have not been the chipper, happy, silly Chris that most people see. I have been quite quiet and low energy.

I had some small personal things on my calendar to do this week such as get over to the Lever House of Park Avenue to photograph their new lobby and courtyard. Once the rain stopped and the sun returned yesterday, Sunday the 27th, I thought there would be no better time to get some air and see something new. I always love their exhibits.I was quite happy to see that the seemingly "Hello Kitty" type installation in the courtyard was still there as I had lost my pictures I took of it earlier this year. Some are just standing, some are streaming water out of their eyes.
The outside walls of the lobby for the Lever House are surrounded by phrases mostly dealing with how we deal with each other and certain phrases we should keep in mind when thinking of ourselves and people around the world.I need to return this week to get the actual pictures from inside the lobby as it was Sunday afternoon when I took these pictures and it was all locked up.

What I also saw on my walk up Park Avenue was that the median was full of different animals and sculptures. I grabbed a few more photos to share with you all. Enjoy.

I also thought I would share some of the past installations I have taken photos of at the Lever House.This one was all about the strange angles u would see this almost flat naked bodies at. Distortions and flat to fat to just weird. Strange that this one freaked me out more than the one just below.You have to love the Incredible Hulk. Especially an army of them.

Make it a great Monday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.