Skip to main content

Scary At This Minute

So while I was writing this last post I get a call to see if I am alright.

Michael called all the way from Palm Springs to see if I was home and "if I had heard about the plane crashing into the building?"

So I turn on the news, apparently a tour plane crashed into a building 7 blocks south of me on E72nd street. They say it would appear to just be an accident but they also say people are frightened because even though it was a small plane it is also the 11th of the month. You never know apparently.

It would seem that the plane was owned by Yankee Pitcher Corey Lidle, who also has a pilot's license. They are not sure if he was flying or on the plane. 2 fatalities from the plane reported, not sure about from within the building.

Pictures are from CBS News website. And,yes, those cops were there quite quickly.



Update: Released from the Yankee Organization: A member of the NY Yankee organization was aboard the plane but no name has been released yet. Reporters are already referring to the Thurmon Munson incident, a great Yankee from the past who died in a plane crash. Also the death count has been raised to 4, but no indication where these 2 new deaths were at, in the plane or in the building.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.