Skip to main content

3 Days Late.

So again I meant to post about my weekend earlier than this but here it goes anyway.

I don’t usually say what I did on the weekend because it usually consists of the same old thing. Coaching, eating, computers and every other week a local tournament to play in. This weekend, starting on Friday was a little different though.

Friday was the night I was finally going to head to Jersey City to see my friends Jim and Billy in their new place. Well, actually, they have been there since last August and I have been invited a million times but Friday was going to work out great.

We were going to make it simple with dinner and a movie. Well, that was until Jim called to tell me that he had been in a car accident. He wasn’t really, it was just a scrape, hardly but he loves the drama.

Billy cooked. We talked. Yes, Billy is the ideal husband. He keeps that house running like clock work. I love them both to a coma; I would never want to love someone to death. LOL.

Anyway after eating we go and try to find a DVD to watch at the video store. We end up with Mean Girls. I could have asked for a better movie for the night. Seeing that I love girl fight movies of a sort, this was perfect. We watched the movie and every little bit of extra footage they had on the DVD.

Once into the extras we started talking about so much stuff about the movie and basically the people we know we just talked until about 2am. I ended up staying in the guest room and sleeping until noon.

Saturday was the regular day of coaching and then heading to the View with some players. Talking, laughing and just having a good time. I get a call from my friend Jim who I haven’t seen since last September and he tells me he is headed into town from Jersey and will be around the corner so I take some of the guys from the View over to Barracuda and we hang out with Jim and his friend Jay. Another good night.

Sunday, another tournament. Good and bad day. Played 16 games. Around the 11th game I pulled a muscle in my thigh, but amazingly it feels a lot better today than it did even yesterday. Still a good day though.

Okay, I have rambled on enough. Now back to your regularly scheduled program.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.