Skip to main content

Whose Up For a Roadtrip in This?


Just for the sheer joy of a great animated concept car, which please God, I hope they make, go check out this site. Looks like they have gotten it right.

Click on the Westphalia to be led to the site.
Click on the van as it is part of their rotation menu.
From there just check it out.
Make sure you catch the Quicktime movie also.

Okay, who is getting me one? I will tell you now, I don't care how it sounds but I have always loved traveling in this style.

When I was but 8 or 9 my parents went and purchased a Southwind Motorhome. Never before had I seen anything like it. At the time all our vacations were either local or by plane. We weren't ones for the open road, much less cross country treks to visit family, Niagra Falls, Tradewinds, Dollywood or the grand daddy of them all, Walt Disney World.

But I will tell you; getting into that home on wheels was so much fun. I couldn't wait for any chance to pop up to get in it and just ride.

"What, Dad? Did you see an oil change at the station? Can I come?"

"Can I pack up the camper with the food and suitcases we are taking?"

Never was I such a helpful kid as when it came to get that thing on the road. Of course, later in life once I got my car and was more on my own it did take a back seat. We didn't travel so much anymore. Everyone was doing their own thing. Plus gas was just CRAZY expensive to fill it up.

I always thought I would get one as an adult. At the time I didn't think I would be living in NYC, but it was always on my mind. God, seeing the new version of what used to be really brings back memories. Including that first campground group shower area...but I will leave that to another time. Oh, come on I was but no more than 11 years old. Dirty minded perverts.

I will tell you though that if I didn't know what I wanted before I went in I knew what I wanted when I came out.

I already showed you the new one that I want. To quote Ferris, "Que Bella ". Now you can take a look at a couple of old pics of the one I used to enjoy. Tell me, do u think I would enjoy the new one?

OutsideInterior


Comments

tio sol said…
ninguem te deixa comentários?
a van da VW é realmente bonita.

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.