Skip to main content

One Picture.

One picture is all I took the whole weekend, but I did have fun.

I got to DC around 10:30pm Friday after a long, long trip on the Chinese bus. Someone spilled soda on the floor and I think my trainers were stuck to the floor for 3/4 of the trip.
Got to the hotel and was surprised to find that my captain, David, had given me my own room. I hate rooming alone at these things because then you have to go running around to find people and teammates to go out with.
Went back down to the lobby and met up with members of NY Toxic and Seven to go hit some bars. Not a late night seeing as how it was already 11 and we had to play at 8am.
Drinks at the DC Eagle, disappointing crowd but good videos on the screens. Haha.
Maybe an hour there then off we went back to the hotel to pick up some more people and hit Halo. Very cute, bright loungy bar. Alot of volleyball people there and since it was only 3 blocks from the hotel a good place to end the night and go back to rest.
Memories of that night: Mama and Everett dancing around and Mama getting ready to tear two cute vball boys up, in a good way. Love him.

Saturday was all about playing. We team had a very good schedule, we started at 8 and we were done by 3:30. I say that is good because some teams were there at 8 and didn't get done until about 7:30. Those teams had about a 4hour break in the afternoon but I would rather get it over with and go back to the hotel which is exactly what we did.
Showered. Rested. Watched movie. Prepared to leave for seeding party, basically a buffett dinner where they list your seed(rating) for the day and also your schedule for Sunday elimination play.
Ate. Laughed. Watched people play pool. Met new friends. Got tired early and was back at hotel by 11 to just lay and feel the sore knees from Saturday.

Got up Sunday with a different plan. Needed my coffee and food, two things I didn't get before playing on Saturday. I get my Caribou Coffee and head back to drive to the venue. Day goes well. We played hard. Sadly we only took 3rd place in our division. Good playing though so not too sad.
Got our medals and hit the road to get back to NYC.

As I said I took one picture the whole weekend and it was of my and my friend Michael, who lives in DC. He begged me to stay over Sunday night so we could go out but by the time I heard back from him later in the day I had thought it best to take my free ride back to NYC. He will be up for Christmas/New Years in NYC anyway.
I need to start editing down these volleyball tournament stories. Seems more like a journal of the whole trip than a quick story. Already done now so will leave it but next time no boring details. Too wordy.

Comments

Unknown said…
Oh my gawd.. Wordy..? that doesn't begin to describe it right.

Is this a blog or a book.. :)

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.