Skip to main content

Dreams.

So I thought I would write this post before I head to bed.

About a week ago I finally went to see "The Devil Wears Prada". Okay, so I knew I would love this movie as soon as it came out, but being me I will wait and wait until it is just about to leave the theatres because I hate crowds.

So finally one Saturday night, a good month or so after it had come out Michael and I went to catch it. Think it was like a 9:30 show. Same weekend "Snakes on a Plane" came out. Only two screens at this place so there were two quite different crowds going inside.

Trailers all looked good. Movie was fantastic. They even had the song they play at the end of "So You Think You Can Dance". You know, the song they play when they kick you off and the song is part of your goodbye reel. Loved it. Loved it. Loved it.

So back to the reason for this post.

In the past week I have had two dreams all about fashion. I am not sure if it was from some influences from the movie or the fact that I don't miss an episode of Project Runway but it was nice.

The first dream was straight out of "Prada". Meryl Streep was Miranda and I was the assistant. Not sure if I was the 1st or 2nd assistant but I was there. Don't remember much of it, but I just thought it funny.

The second dream happened last week and I was actually at Vogue, but the editor was Kate Moss and I was there delivering something, ala a bike messenger, but before I knew it I was in a nice suppressed suit that fit like a glove and I was running around getting her what she needed. There was also a great white chair in the dream which I must have seen before but just in case I think I will draw it down somewhere should it be some incredible creation of my subconscious.

Who am I kidding? I probably saw the chair in the new Crate and Barrel catalog that just came.

Wow, I haven't rambled on like that for a while. See what happens when I look back at old posts from last year around this time. I get crazy and forget how to write. I start sending emails to people I don't even talk to anymore. I get hopeful again for new things.

Well, I won't be writing like this style much anymore, I have learned how to clean it up without editing it. Reaching out to people from the past isn't bad, I hope. And hope is always a good thing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Just had to be noted.

So if you were in NYC for the last 2 days you may have seen the news about the Eastside madam who was arrested Monday or Tuesday. Funny thing is they arrested her at her apartment which happens to be across the street from me.(#2 in picture above). Now if you remember from a few weeks ago Governor Spitzer resigned his office and that is also just caddy corner to my building over on 3rd avenue.(#1 in picture above). There is word that this Madam had the black book that had the former Gov. and many others in it. She says she doesn't. I guess we will find out. Funny to to me though that in the picture above he basically could have walked over with a nice appointment after he resigned just a half a block away. PS: Was in a hurry to post so don't yell at me for the crude numbers on the pictures. Haha.

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah......

We were standing at that sign for a few minutes trying to figure out how to say it and then why someone would make the obvious mistake and not fix it eventually. This shot was on the way to my friend Everett's bday party out in Astoria. It was a train ride and a bit of a walk and no friends showed up, I would have killed them but we had a good time anyway. I went out with my friend Steve and we met up with Jorge and his hubby Steve. I wrote about the event a bit ago. These are the Hell Gate Social pics.